The highly successful Growthpoint Top Guns is back and it is bigger and better than before!
Tennis South Africa (TSA) has for a second year running joined forces with our headline sponsor, Growthpoint Properties, to give grassroots tennis in the country a boost, with the return of the innovative national club tennis tournament, for both men and women.
The 2017/18 event was a massive success and captured the imagination of hundreds of tennis clubs across South Africa. Camps Bay Tennis Club from Cape Town were crowned as the first ever Top Guns – after winning an action packed national final at Sun City.
In an effort to broaden the reach of the tournament, year two sees the introduction of a B Division – aimed at more social players. This means that Top Guns will now comprise of both an A Division and a B Division.
The event will once again be played in the 14 tennis regions of South Africa, with each region hosting a local event to crown both A Division and B Division regional champions. Each of the A Division regional champions will then qualify for the national final – to be played at a central venue in early 2019.
Some more information about the tournament:
· The tournament will be a doubles team format with 2 men and 2 women making up a team.
· Each team will play men’s doubles, women’s doubles and mixed doubles.
· Over R200 000 in prize money will be up for grabs.
· Entry will be free for registered clubs who are in good standing with their respective provinces, as well as TSA.
· Clubs can enter multiple teams in both the A Division and B Division.
· 2 clubs from historically under-served communities will be given wild-cards into the national final.
Prize money breakdown:
Regional Club winner: R6000.
National Club winner: R30 000 for the winning club and R30 000 in total for the players in the winning team.
National Club runner-up: R10 000 to the runner-up club and R10 000 in total for the players in the runner-up team.
Regional club winner: R4000
For more info and to enter please go to the TSA website