School sport matches including provincial and national school sport tournaments may now resume, but without spectators and with various COVID-19 controls in place.
Championships, tournaments and interschool sport matches that require pupils to travel to other schools or provinces may also resume without spectators, provided that public schools are subject to compliance with the regulations for safety measures.
According to the new regulations, certain safety measures must be adhered to when resuming the activities.
The regulations state that a maximum of 100 people for indoor venues and a maximum of 250 people for outdoor venues are allowed.
Other safety measures include the following:
- A Covid-19 compliance officer must be appointed for each venue.
- There must only be one controlled entrance to the venue.
- All participants must undergo health and temperature screening before warm-up or an event.
- Any person who enters the venue must undergo the health and temperature screening.
- Hand sanitisers must be available at the entrance gate and every person who enters the venue must sanitise their hands.
- Participants and officials must sanitise their hands before and after a match or event.
- A person, who leaves the venue temporarily and returns again, must undergo the process of health and temperature screening, and hand sanitising.
- For contact tracing purposes only, a register of all officials and pupils from visiting and hosting schools who are attending a school match or event must be kept by the hosting school for at least 21 days.
- A digital registration and health screening platform, such as the Teacher Connect Application, may also be used to assist with the administration of the registration process.
- If a person has Covid-19 symptoms or presents with a temperature above 38 °C, that person must be refused access into the venue.
- The number of people, including participants, referees, adjudicators, technical officials, volunteers, medical team, media or broadcast teams, and stadium workers permitted at a venue at any one time is limited. Teams, technical officials, volunteers, relevant stadium staff, medical staff and registered members of the media or broadcast teams must leave the venue as soon as their responsibilities are completed.
Credit: Tennis South Africa (TSA)